Friday, December 10, 2010

Expired gift cards: Extend their life or get them exchanged

Gift cards are great when you don't know what to buy for your friend or family member who has everything already. If you have received any gift cards and they've expired, you should contact the retailer and ask them if they can honour or exchange the expired cards for you. If it's close to expiry, call up the retailer and ask for an extended grace period so that you've got an extended time to use your gift card.

Don't throw them out. Most retailers will usually extend your expiry period or offer you a new card in exchange. There's a new site available where unwanted gift cards can be sold or swapped with other people who don't want their gift card, usually at a discount to its face value though... afterall if there's no discount, there'd be no incentive for anyone to buy because they could just buy a new one at the shop.

I think it's a great idea that's targeting a niche market need. Exchange or sell your unwanted gift cards at

No comments:

Post a Comment