Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nail Art Polka Dots


The Voice - Rachael Leahcar

"you took your coat off and stood in the rain
you were always crazy like that
I watched from my window,
always felt that I was outside looking in on you
you were always the mysterious one
with dark eyes and careless hair,
you were fashionably sensitive, but too cool to care
then you stood in my doorway, with nothing to say
besides some comment on the weather
..." Jewel Kilcher

Anyone been watching the The Voice Australia? Rachael Leahcar (yes it's not her real name, some ppl need to get over that) sang 'La Vie En Rose' by Edith Piaf and she sounded like an angel. I almost cried. Her voice is such a beautiful, sad voice.

I checked out her YouTube channel and as it turns out, she sings the songs that I love and have loved. Songs by Jewel, The Beatles, Adele, Bette Midler, Don McClean (Vincent-Starry Starry Night), Tracy Chapman...Her voice is really incredible. It's like a cross between Jewel and Shakira. Unfortunately most of the recording on her YouTube account is really awful quality, filled with people chattering and talking in the background- if I heard someone sing with her voice, I wouldn't be talking throughout the performance. I've stopped to listen to buskers sing and they're not even her caliber yet I listen with reverence.

It's because she's resung a few of Jewel's songs and I remembered how much I love Jewel's lyrics. Rachael has recorded 2(?) albums already but I can't find them anymore because Google's search results are now saturated with the newly published articles in the past week.

Polka Dot Nails

I've been obsessing over nail art and hairstyles lately. Instead of going to nail salons and spending $90 or so on manicures and pedicures, you can do it yourself at home and it's fun. If you're artsy, you can draw images on.

You can achieve the polka dot look by painting with your favourite base colour, then drip a few white nail polish onto a bit of plastic packaging or cling wrap and use a a toothpick to draw your polka dots on. <3 Pinterest with all the female orientated stuff on there.


No comments:

Post a Comment