What inspires you? If you could travel 10 years back in time, what would you change?
I was over at a forum that I read from time to time. It's been 7 years since I actually joined that forum and 3 years to go before I can actually reflect back to see how far I've come since then.
No-one should be posting up their intimate financial details if they post under their real name. It would be great to contemplate the idea that I'm just one anonymous blogger in a world of 5 billion humans or so, but I know that no-one is ever anonymous on the internet.
Google is too powerful. It will trawl through everything with your name on it. Also, you are very likely traceable down to your IP Address. I previously listed some changes that you could implement to make the world a better place on my post '100 ways to help the world and yourself'.
Anyway, a few points from the thread about what people would change if they could travel back in time, struck a chord within me:
* Wear sunscreen. Appreciate the power and beauty of now
* Get started on buying assets/property/shares that are affordable now
* Do something that scares you daily/annually
* Don't be reckless with other people's hearts
* Floss - your teeth are precious
* Calcium - your bones will thank you when you're older
* Knees - be nice to them
* Your body is the greatest instrument you will ever own
* Treasure your precious few friends from childhood who has grown up with you
* Spend time with family + friends... you never know the future
* Don't sell assets, always buy
* Play monopoly
* Buy quality, low maintenance type of houses/apartments
* Act on your views, ideas & opportunities
* Keep learning
* Take action!
* Take time out for yourself
* Always read the fine print before signing
* Build your multiple income streams, plant those investment seeds everywhere and they will grow into trees bearing fruit
* Take time to think and contemplate life and the future
* Don't listen to naysayers, doomsayers and negative people
* Take more risks, don't be afraid
* Don't date someone not right for you, have courage to break up earlier
* Buy property when you can afford one, don't wait too long
* Work smarter
* Live simply
* Today may be the halcyon days, don't wait for those days to come
* Don't jump on the first offer, consider every offer before deciding
* Pay your loans on principle and interest, don't always keep paying only interest
* Time is valuable and powerful
* It's dangerous to delegate 'due diligence' in its entirety to property managers/solicitors/conveyancers/brokers etc
You can always find someone with an opinion and advice everywhere you look, but that doesn't mean you should follow all their advice without your own research. Advice is usually more useful if its from someone who has achieved in the area that you want to achieve in.